Does any of this describe you?
- Need a time estimate for that next big project?
- Could use a reality check on that ambitious @today list?
- Maybe you’d like to track billable hours?
- Or perhaps you’re simply a lifelogger, Pomodoro counter or all-around Time Nazi?
WorkFlowy and WFcount offer a simple solution: Time Tags
What is a Time Tag?
It’s a WorkFlowy tag, starting with “#” followed by any number of digits, and ending with an ‘h’ for hours or an ‘m’ for minutes. Like this:
- #2h = 2 hours
- #15m = 15 minutes
- Combine them: #2h #15m = 2 hours, 15 minutes
- This works too: #135m
Just Click to Count
Simple. Intuitive. Fast.
Go to the original WFcount blog post.
Time Output Option:
The default output format is:
“Total Time = 2h 15m”.
If you’d like hours only (perhaps to plug into a spreadsheet) you can edit the bookmarklet code as follows: Near the beginning, change “timeFormat=0” to “timeFormat=1”.
With this setting, WFcount will generate hours out to two decimal places like this:
“Total Hours = 2.25”
Happy Time Tagging!