From any website or Workflowy page. Select text or enter it. Simple. Surprisingly useful.
WorkFlowy’s excellent search feature confines search to the current bullet and below. When you are zoomed on your “Work” node, you only search (or filter) on Work, and in most cases that is a good thing.
But what if you are zoomed multiple levels deep and need to search all of WorkFlowy for a tag or phrase? Maybe you’re browsing a website, and need to search WorkFlowy?
What is WorkFindy?
- A Google Chrome Extension that makes searching WorkFlowy a snap.
(also available as a bookmarklet for non-Chrome browsers)
- WorkFindy always searches ‘globally’ from your WorkFlowy home page.
- Select text and WorkFindy searches for your selection.
- With no text selected, enter search terms into a prompt.
- Inside WorkFlowy: results appear instantly in the same tab.
- Outside WorkFlowy: results open in a new WorkFlowy tab.
- Assign a keyboard shortcut at the bottom of the Chrome Extensions page. Do this! It really helps. I use ‘Alt+W’, and never click the icon.
Where is WorkFindy?
View the WorkFindy bookmarklet code.
- WorkFindy makes a great WorkFlowy launcher.
- To launch your home page: activate WorkFindy with no selection, immediately press Enter or click OK.
- Or simply enter search terms to get somewhere in WorkFlowy faster.
- Convert a “child” search into a global search: Select the search box text and activate WorkFindy.
- Slow computer and/or huge outline? Tired of waiting for search results with each key press? Use WorkFindy instead for instant searching when you say so.